Tuesday, April 5, 2011

ENGINEERING...

Finally, I successfully finished up my 2 year 2nd semester. Next semester would be my third year of pursuing my mechanical engineering degree. When I thinking about this..Wow..I already in third year in such a short time and I will finish up my degree in just another one year and a half to come. When I remember back from the time when I was in first year until now, there a lot of things happen. Lots of experience I obtained, lots of friends I made as well as lots of things to do. Assignments, projects, presentation, group discussion, final exam… all these words are commons to me as an engineering student. Those entire things really teaches me lots of lesson not just engineering knowledge but also other things such as the meaning of the friendship, time management and the way how to deal with other peoples. For me, engineering is not just a calculation and solving the problem only but also teach me moral values. In engineering we deal with ethical and moral value as well. For example, we solve problems with the most minimum cost to avoid wasting limited raw material as well as to minimum the pollution to the environment. Also we put the safety factor as our top priority in our design which means we’re just not focusing on profit only but also to ensure the priceless human life to be safe with our design. For me, engineering can be fun since what we all do is creating something that can make our daily life task easier in other word this is what we call it as “MACHINE”.

*Sometimes engineering can drive me crazy as solving engineering related problems aren’t easy things to do. Critical thinking is something cannot be avoided in engineering.

No comments:

Post a Comment